St. John’s Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1862-1930

Extent: 0.6 linear feet in 2 Hollinger boxes

St. John’s Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1858 and first appeared in the Conference minutes in 1862. The first services were held at 58th and 8th Avenue in May 1858 and in October the church moved to 53rd between Broadway and 8th Avenue. A new church [...]

Methodist Church of the Savior (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1870-1955

Extent: 0.5 linear feet, in 1 large flat Hollinger box

The Methodist Church of the Savior was organized in 1870 as the South Harlem Methodist Episcopal Church. Preaching services were begun in 1862 in a home near 110th Street. The church was incoporated in October 1874, and was located in a frame church on 110th [...]

St. James Methodist Church (Harlem, N.Y.) Records, 1843-1946

Extent: 2 linear feet, in 4 large flat Hollinger boxes and 1 small flat Hollinger box

In 1830 the Harlem Mission was organized and soon incorporated as the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Harlem. A building was erected on 125th Street east of Park Avenue. In 1871 a large church was built at the corner [...]