43rd Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1850-1895

Extent: 1.4 linear feet in 4 Hollingers boxes and 2 rare book boxes

The 43rd Street Methodist Episcopal church was organized in 1849 as the 41st Street Methodist Episcopal Church and Society, and was incorporated in June 1849. It was reincorporated as the Bloomingdale Methodist Episcopal Church in December 1850. Its church building, located at [...]

44th Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1863-1917

Extent: 0.7 linear feet in 2 Hollinger boxes

The 44th Street Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1857 as the Janes Church (probably named after Bishop Janes), not to be confused with the Jane Street M.E. Church, organized in 1844. The first services were held in a Sunday School hall on 11th Avenue near 44th [...]

Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1887-1900

Extent: 0.3 linear feet in 1 Hollinger box

The Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church began as a Sunday School held at 21 Worth Street in 1865. The church was organized in 1868 by the New York City Sunday School and Missionary Society. A frame church at 176 Franklin Street was dedicated in 1868. Franklin Street [...]

First German United Methodist Church (New York, N.Y.), 1899-1975

Extent: 1.5 linear feet in 3 Hollinger boxes

First German Methodist Episcopal Church began as the German Mission and Sunday School in 1841, in a hired room on the corner of Essex and Stanton Streets in New York City.It was incoporated April 19, 1842, and in late 1842 a church was built on East 2nd [...]