Old Saybrook United Methodist Church (Conn.) Records, 1965-1974

Extent: 0.6 linear feet, in 2 medium flat Hollinger boxes

The Old Saybrook United Methodist Church, located in Old Saybrook CT, was organized in 1964, meeting at the homes of members, and later located at 36 Great Hammock Road. In 1965 a parsonage was rented. In 1972 the church was abandoned because the area was already well-churched. The church’s money went to the Conference Trustees and toward church expansion in the area.

The collection is comprised of records of the Old Saybrook United Methodist Church in Old Saybrook, CT. Old Saybrook was included in the early Westbrook Circuit from 1837-1896, but the collection includes no records from this time period. Old Saybrook was organized as a church in 1964 and abandoned in 1972. The collection contains various records from that time period, including financial records, quarterly reports, newspaper articles, and church bulletins, as well as membership, baptism, marriage, death, and removal records for 1965 to 1972.

Names:

  • Old Saybrook Methodist Church – (Conn.)
  • Old Saybrook United Methodist Church (Conn.)

Types of Material:

  • Baptismal registers
  • Church records
  • Marriage registers
  • Membership lists

Call Number: LCH.0009