Cromwell Methodist Episcopal Church (Conn.) Records, 1867-1899

Extent: 0.3 linear feet, 1 medium flat Hollinger box

The Cromwell Methodist Episcopal Church in Cromwell, CT was organized in 1857 by a group of about twenty. It was located within the New York East Annual Conference. The congregation worshiped first in a former Baptist Church and then built their own building in 1859. By the early 1900s the church was inactive. In 1908 the Bethany Lutheran Church rented the church building and subsequently purchased it when the church officially closed in 1910.

The collection contains two record books and one folder. The first record book  lists official members, classes, probationary members, marriages, and baptisms from 1867 to 1903. The second record book includes a brief early history of the church, quarterly conference records from the 1890s to 1910, and some additional loose papers. The folder contains a few loose letters, a deed and other papers.

Names:

  • Cromwell Methodist Episcopal Church – (Conn.)

Types of Material:

  • Baptismal registers
  • Church records
  • Marriage registers
  • Minute books

Call Number: LCH.0005