Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1887-1900

Extent: 0.3 linear feet in 1 Hollinger box

The Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church began as a Sunday School held at 21 Worth Street in 1865. The church was organized in 1868 by the New York City Sunday School and Missionary Society. A frame church at 176 Franklin Street was dedicated in 1868. Franklin Street merged into Metropolitan Temple Methodist Episcopal Church in 1920.

Records of Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church consist of one record book that includes a church history, as well as membership and probationers lists, marriages, and baptisms ranging in date from 1887 to 1900.

Names:

  • Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church – (New York, N.Y.)

Types of Material:

  • Baptismal registers
  • Church records
  • Marriage registers
  • Membership lists

Call Number:  LCH.0030

Related Archival Materials: ¬†Earlier records of Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church (baptisms 1866-92, marriages 1866-92, classes 1872-76, members 1866-74, and probationers 1871-1879) are held in the New York Public Library’s Methodist Episcopal Church Records, 1791-1945. Records of Metropolitan Temple, into which Franklin Street merged, are held at the United Methodist Church of the Village.