24th Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1857-1915

Extent: 1 linear foot, in 3 flat Hollinger boxes

The 24th Street Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1857 as the New York Conference City Mission. It was incorporated on February 15, 1860. Services were held in various locations, including a basement at 24th Street and 6th Avenue, a rented Universalist church at 24th Street and 8th Avenue, and a rented hall on 8th Avenue, until a church was built in November 1860. The 24th Street Church merged into the 18th Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1915.

Records of the 24th Street Methodist Episcopal Church, which was organized in 1857 and merged with the 18th Street Methodist Episcopal Church in 1915. The collection includes class records, baptisms, marriages, and membership records.

Names:

  • 24th Street Methodist Episcopal Church – (New York, NY)

Types of Material:

  • Baptismal registers
  • Church records
  • Marriage registers
  • Membership lists

Call Number: LCH.0019

Related Archival Materials: One folder (Manhattan: 24th Street) in the Local Church Reference Collection. Records of the 18th Street Methodist Episcopal Church, into which the 24th Street M.E. Church merged, are held at the Christman Archives of the New York Annual Conference.