43rd Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1850-1895

Extent: 1.4 linear feet in 4 Hollingers boxes and 2 rare book boxes

The 43rd Street Methodist Episcopal church was organized in 1849 as the 41st Street Methodist Episcopal Church and Society, and was incorporated in June 1849. It was reincorporated as the Bloomingdale Methodist Episcopal Church in December 1850. Its church building, located at [...]

West Side Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1918-1927

Extent: 0.1 linear feet in 1 Hollinger box

West Side Methodist Episcopal Church was formed by the merger of 35th Street M.E. Church and 44th Street M.E. Church in 1917. In 1929, it merged into the 18th Street M.E. Church.

The records of the West Side Methodist Episcopal Church consist of one record book containing [...]

44th Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1863-1917

Extent: 0.7 linear feet in 2 Hollinger boxes

The 44th Street Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1857 as the Janes Church (probably named after Bishop Janes), not to be confused with the Jane Street M.E. Church, organized in 1844. The first services were held in a Sunday School hall on 11th Avenue near 44th [...]

Perry Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1869-1910

Extent: 0.6 linear feet in 2 Hollinger boxes

Perry Street Methodist Episcopal Church began as a Sunday School organized by the New York City Sunday School Society in 1863. It was located at 693 Washington Street. It moved to “Noah’s Ark,” a religious center at 111-113 Bank Street, and remained there until 1868. At that [...]

Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1887-1900

Extent: 0.3 linear feet in 1 Hollinger box

The Franklin Street Methodist Episcopal Church began as a Sunday School held at 21 Worth Street in 1865. The church was organized in 1868 by the New York City Sunday School and Missionary Society. A frame church at 176 Franklin Street was dedicated in 1868. Franklin Street [...]

St. John’s Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1862-1930

Extent: 0.6 linear feet in 2 Hollinger boxes

St. John’s Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1858 and first appeared in the Conference minutes in 1862. The first services were held at 58th and 8th Avenue in May 1858 and in October the church moved to 53rd between Broadway and 8th Avenue. A new church [...]

18th Street Methodist Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1838-1945

Extent: 2.3 linear feet in 7 Hollinger boxes

The first class meeting of the 18th Street Methodist Episcopal Church was formed in 1828 by a group from the Bedford Street M.E. Church. A Sunday School was formed in 1829, and in 1830 a frame church was built on the south side of 20th Street west [...]

Jane Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.) Records, 1844-1920

Extent: 2 linear feet in 6 Hollinger boxes

Jane Street Church was organized in the summer of 1844, beginning with open-air preaching by Rev. Ezra Withey in a vacant lot at the juncture of 7th and Greenwich Avenues and 12th Street. On July 23, 1844 the first class was started with 28 members. In April [...]

First German United Methodist Church (New York, N.Y.), 1899-1975

Extent: 1.5 linear feet in 3 Hollinger boxes

First German Methodist Episcopal Church began as the German Mission and Sunday School in 1841, in a hired room on the corner of Essex and Stanton Streets in New York City.It was incoporated April 19, 1842, and in late 1842 a church was built on East 2nd [...]

35th Street Methodist Episcopal Church (New York, N.Y.), 1863-1918

Extent: 0.3 linear feet in 1 Hollinger box

The 35th Street Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1863 by the New York City Society (then known as the New York City Sunday School Society), whose mission was to promote and help Sunday Schools, churches, and other Christian institutions and agencies in New York City. The [...]