Pleasant Vale (Oxford, Conn.) Methodist Episcopal Society Records, 1834-1910

Extent: 0.5 linear feet, in 2 small flat Hollinger boxes.

The Pleasant Vale (Oxford, Conn.) Methodist Episcopal Society Records document the Pleasant Vale Methodist Episcopal Society in Oxford, Connecticut, also known as Zoar Bridge and Riverside, later known as Stevenson Union Church Association, and currently the non-denominational Riverside Community Church Oxford. The collection is comprised [...]

Grace Methodist Church (Windsor Locks, Conn.) Records, 1872-1953

Extent: 0.3 linear feet, in 1 medium flat Hollinger box

Grace Methodist Episcopal Church in Windsor Locks, CT was founded in 1858, and the church building was constructed in 1864. The church was abandoned in 1948 and the church building sold in 1954.

The records of Grace Methodist Church in Windsor Locks, CT include a [...]

Old Saybrook United Methodist Church (Conn.) Records, 1965-1974

Extent: 0.6 linear feet, in 2 medium flat Hollinger boxes

The Old Saybrook United Methodist Church, located in Old Saybrook CT, was organized in 1964, meeting at the homes of members, and later located at 36 Great Hammock Road. In 1965 a parsonage was rented. In 1972 the church was abandoned because the area was [...]

German Methodist Church (Columbus Avenue, New Haven, Conn.) Records, 1884-1950

Extent: 0.5 linear feet, in 2 flat Hollinger boxes, 1 small and 1 medium

Records of the Columbus Avenue German Methodist Church in New Haven, CT, which was organized in 1854. The records include Sunday school records (1905-1950), official board records (1909-1950), and membership, marriage, baptism records (1907-1950), along with one folder of documents relating [...]

East Berlin Methodist Church (Conn.) Records, 1871-1968

Extent: 1.6 linear feet, in 4 small and 2 medium flat Hollinger boxes

The East Berlin Methodist Episcopal Church in East Berlin, CT was organized in 1864. Services were held at various locations in East Berlin under the guidance of a number of pastors in the succeeding years, some of them connected with Wesleyan University. [...]

Durham Methodist Episcopal Circuit (Conn.) Records, 1816-1847

Extent: 0.01 linear feet, 1 phase box

The Durham Methodist Episcopal Circuit was organized in 1815. In 1941 the Durham Methodist Church federated with the Durham Congregational Church in Durham CT, to form United Churches of Durham.

The collection is comprised of one volume that contains quarterly conference records for the Durham circuit dating from [...]

Cromwell Methodist Episcopal Church (Conn.) Records, 1867-1899

Extent: 0.3 linear feet, 1 medium flat Hollinger box

The Cromwell Methodist Episcopal Church in Cromwell, CT was organized in 1857 by a group of about twenty. It was located within the New York East Annual Conference. The congregation worshiped first in a former Baptist Church and then built their own building in 1859. By [...]

Colebrook River Methodist Church (Colebrook, Conn.) Records, 1833-1949

Extent: 0.3 linear feet, in 1 medium flat Hollinger box

The Colebrook River Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1834. In 1849 it became part of the New York East Conference when that conference was formed by division of the New York Conference. Until 1850, the Colebrook River Circuit comprised Colebrook River, Hartland, Hitchcocksville (later [...]

Barkhampsted Methodist Episcopal Circuit (Conn.) Records, 1858-1865

Extent: 0.1 linear feet in 1 phase box

The collection is comprised of one bound record book containing quarterly conference minutes for the Barkhampsted Methodist Episcopal Circuit, including Barkhampsted Center, Pleasant Valley, (West) Hartland, Hitchcockville, and North Canton, communities located in northwest Connecticut near what is now Barkhamsted, CT. These minutes detail the quarterly meetings [...]